Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pat, Pat, Pat

I feel a little pat, pat, pat on my back every time I hug Aubrey now. It is the sweetest little feeling in the world! Since she started this yesterday she has brought a sense of awareness to me and I now realize how much I pat her on the back. I am glad, though, that she picked up this habit of mine, because it is a sweet little sign of affection.

Over this past 2 months I feel like Aubrey is going through a quick metamorphosis from baby to toddler. It feels like every morning she wakes up a new girl -- more capable and independent than the day before. It is the most amazing transformation to watch.


The other day Jeff was working on his closet organizer and Aubrey was playing in the room with him. Aubrey saw what he was doing and crawled right between his legs into the closet and held on to the organizer with him. It's like she wanted to help him. After a few moments he would move her away. She would crawl right back between his legs so she could help him and be a part of the action. It reminds me of when cousin Thomas would call himself the "helper kid". I am glad we finally have a "helper kid" of our own!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Helper kids are a great thing. It is however a lot of work. She adorable by the way. Love her clothes!